If you would like to be baptized at our next event please fill in form at bottom of this page
Baptism at Revive Church
We believe that baptism is an important step of obedience for every person who has accepted Christ as his/her Savior. We consider it a privilege to walk with you as you take this next step on your faith journey. Contained below is an explanation of beliefs about baptism. After reviewing it, please fill out form so that we can talk more about this important step.
What is the meaning of Baptism?
It illustrates Christ’s death, burial and resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:3-4) It illustrates you new life as a Christian. (2 Corinthians 5:17, Romans6:4) Baptism doesn’t make you a Christian. Only you faith in Christ does that. Baptism is like a wedding ring; it’s the outward sign of the commitment you have made in your heart. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Who should be Baptized?
The Bible says that every person that believes in Christ should be baptized.
- A believer is someone who has realized that their sin has separated them from God.
- They have given up all personal efforts to reach God through good works or religious activity.
- They have concluded that Jesus Christ’s death on the cross for their sins is the only thing that can bridge the gap between themselves and God.
- A believer is someone who has decided to trust in Christ alone for salvation.
If you have come to this point in your spiritual journey, then you should be baptized.
Why should I be Baptized?
- First and foremost, it is to follow the example set by Jesus (Mark 1:9)
- In addition, Christ commanded it. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- It demonstrates that you are a believer, a follower of Christ. (1 John 2:3)
When should I be Baptized?
As soon as you become a believer. (Acts 2:41, 8:35-38) It doesn’t have to occur the moment you believe. However, the Bible teaches that there is no reason to delay our baptism. After becoming a believer, you should participate in the next available opportunity the church provides. If you wait until you feel that you are “good enough,” you will never feel ready for baptism.
Why is Immersion so important?
- It is the method used in Jesus’ baptism.
- Every baptism mentioned in the bible is by immersion. (Acts 8:38-39)
- The word “baptize” means “to dip under”
- Immersion best symbolizes Christ’s burial and resurrection (see Romans 6:1-11).
What if I was Baptized as an infant?
In the Bible, we see parents bring their children to Jesus. He held them, prayed for them, and told us to welcome them. But he did not baptize them, and he did not tell anyone else to baptize them. So if baptism signifies salvation (as the Bible teaches), only people who have intentionally received salvation should experience baptism. Thus, the Bible would indicate that baptism is for people who have made a decision to follow Christ.
If you have not experienced a believer’s baptism, even though you have experienced baptism as in infant, the full meaning and significance of baptism has yet to take place in your life. We strongly encourage you to be baptized as an adult believer in Christ.
Our church practices a “baby dedication” for children. This is a time when parents pledge their commitment to raise their child according to Christian values and beliefs. while a very meaningful event, this is not Christian baptism. Adult baptism doesn’t belittle your childhood baptism, it is a fulfillment of your parents’ hopes when they had you baptized.
Can younger children be Baptized?
All instances of baptism in the New Testament occur following an individual’s decision to trust Christ alone for salvation (see Acts 2:41, 8:12, 10:47-48). At Revive, that means we wait to baptize until a child is old enough to belie and understand the true meaning of Baptism. When a child makes a decision for Christ, then we joyously baptize them in the Christian faith after conferring with the parents.